As another Winter season draws fast upon us, brands and distributors are busy traveling the country hosting in store training and product clinics; ensuring this season’s sales associates are understanding their brand’s messages.
Brands believe these hard yards put in by their sales reps will make all the difference to those important sell through numbers at the end of the season. But given this approach to dealer training hasn’t changed in 30 years, is this analogue solution’ enough in our digital world?
”…within a week, forgetting claims an average of 90 percent of new information”
We understand it’s crucial to maintain those brand-retailer relationships- by getting into store and giving those personal, live interactions that demonstrate your latest products. But what happens the next day? The next week? The next month?n
The scary answer- Research into the forgetting curve shows ‘’within one hour, people will have forgotten an average of 50 percent of the information you presented. Within 24 hours, they have forgotten an average of 70 percent of new information, and within a week, forgetting claims an average of 90 percent’’.NINETY PERCENT! In one week!
Think about the resources it takes to do one in store training session… all for your brand message to touch sales associates just once. Given the facts above, surely on their own merit, in store training sessions are not an effective way to get your brand messages to the shop floor & no longer give you an adequate return on investment.
Now more than ever, this type of training is becoming less and less effective at engaging millennials. Complimenting your traditional in-store training with in-app bite size content, is a great way to continually engage sales associate, and provides them with on-demand access to your key product information and brand messages. Why online content? Online brand amplification has a number of great benefits that can mitigate the main issues surrounding in store visits.
Let us take you through the top 5 reasons to add online engagement to your in store/off-site clinics this season.
- Access on Demand: One of the essentials for successful learning is repetition. Digital content can be revisited and repeated as needed.
- Millennial Learning: Online and in app training allows sale associates to learn on-demand via their own device consuming content that is bite-sized and predominantly video. This reflects the way millenials learn in their everyday life, increasing engagement and knowledge retention.
- Consistency- In app training gives you a direct connection straight from marketing team to sales associate. Making sure the brand message you want to put out is delivered consistently across all your points of sale.
- Frequency; Send as many updates and training content to sales associates as often as you want without that slow filtration of information
- ROI; Training sales associates online allows brands to measure engagement and compare this to sell through data, helping you understand the true ROI
Myagi believes focussing on one-off, high cost in store training solutions alone, is not an effective and efficient method to ensure sales associates understand your product and brand messages and doesn’t provide them with the tools to help you drive in-store sell through.
Why wait for the end of season sell-through figures to evaluate how effectively you’ve engaged sales associates? Take control of your in-store brand message today, tomorrow, all season long…